Sometimes we get confused to select what are the best coir fiber in the industry and some may think all the fiber out of coconut husk are same. But coconut fiber can classify or grade according to their quality. Today we are going to discuss the type of coconut coir fiber and how to make the best fiber out of coconut husk.
By the process, we can get high-quality yarn coconut coir which got higher market value.The yarn choir created out of mentioned manufacturing process is grade again according to their quality and distinct which produce. Most of coconut fiber based products are use for so many different applications such as application of modern agriculture, to create household items etc. In here we have mention out some of the important types of coir fiber we use.
Different Types of Coir Fiber
If we consider about the coconut husk fiber, there are three main types of Coir Fiber available such as
- Yarn Fiber – which is considering as the longest and finest type of fiber which widely uses to make mats and ropes?
- Bristle Fiber (Coarser fiber) – This is short staple type of fiber which widely use make a brush.
- Curled Fiber – Partial mixture of bristles and yarn fiber.
From these mentioned three types of fiber, yarn fiber consider as the best fiber
Manufacturing copra for creating coconut oil and desiccated coconut are considered as the main product of coconut. The fiber created out of coconut husk and coconut shells are considered as a by-product of the
The fiber created out of coconut husk and coconut shells are considered as a by-product of the coconut industry.
Manufacture Methods of Coconut Fibre
Processing of making coconut fiber out of coconut husk can mainly divide into three main categories such as follows.
- Traditional manual method
- Semi-Mechanical Method
- Modern Mechanical Method
Due to the recent technological development semi-mechanical and modern mechanical methods are much used to manufacture coconut fiber. The tensile strength of dry coconut coir is a bit less.
Yarn Coir Fiber Manufacture Process
According to the type of fiber types, yarn fiber is the best among all other types of fiber. So we will discuss further the manufacturing process of yarn coir fiber.Most of the yarn fiber is manufactured by using traditional methods which more focused on labor.
So we will discuss further the manufacturing process of yarn coir fiber.Most of the yarn fiber is manufactured by using traditional methods which more focused on labor.
Most of the yarn fiber is manufactured by using traditional methods which more focused on labor.
Hears the Deal:
- Natural bacteriological methods are used to manufacture coir, for that coconut husks are put into the salt water until the pit of coconut husk gets decompose. Normally husk is rented for ten months on backwater or coastal saltwater until coconut husk gets softener.
- When coconut husk gets enough soft coconut husk take out ant wash again to remove the dirt of it.
- Then the remaining pith of coconut husk get remove and well beat on coconut husk manually to get extra soft.
- Then the husk part washes again and the beaten coconut husk get dry the fiber.
- The dry fiber again beat manually beat again for winnowing machine which consists a number of saw like fixed knives.
- Fiber is spun into yarn by entire by hand or get soft twist by hand wheel. Normally two wheels are required to spin the yarn coir.
The yarn coir can grade such as hard twist yarn and soft twist yarn the more about the grading of yarn and extra details of hard and soft -twist will discuss in our future articles.